Monday, March 21, 2011

Am I Making Any Sense

Ever wonder why there is Braille on the buttons at the drive up ATM?

Ever wonder why McDonald's had to pay millions and write on their coffee cups that the contents are hot, when if it wasn't hot, you'd be demanding either a new one or your money back?

Ever wonder why it's called common sense, when so few people have it?

If you asked me, I'd have to say it is more like common non-sense.  I mean seriously... car commercials have to tell you that their drivers are professional drivers.  Beer commercials have to tell you to drink responsibly.  Bear Grylls has to tell you not to try this at home.  Are you serious?  Isn't all of that common sense?  Nonsense, I tell you, nonsense!

When did people get so dumb?  When did nonsense become common?  What part of 4 years of college, 2-4 years of Law School, years of practicing law and presiding over legal cases causes the brains of judges to turn to  mush?

It seems to me that laws used to be made to stop others from hurting you.  But now... laws are made to stop you from hurting you.  Duh!... dummy... STOP HURTING YOURSELF!  Oh, that would be common sense.

Penned by my imaginary friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment