Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fallen Timber

Fallen Timber is the name of the company of my first real job.  I was a dishwasher in the kitchen in the clubhouse of a local golf course.  That golf course is now called Quicksilver.

My first job is not really the subject of this blog post.  You know the old question, "If a tree falls in a forest, does it make a sound?"  Well, that's sort of what I'm wondering with this blog.  If a guy writes a blog that nobody reads, does it make a difference?

I may never know the answer to that question.  But, for now, I'm going to keep on writing.  Maybe some day, someone will stumble across this blog and read a post that makes them laugh just when they needed to laugh.  Maybe I'll write something serious that helps someone through a tough time.  Maybe, if i keep writing, I'll find my blogging niche and springboard into world wide acclaim as blogger extraordinaire.  Or maybe not.

I'm having fun writing my random thoughts.  As long as I continue to have fun, I'll continue to write.  Even if some days I don't know what to say... like today.

Like mother used to say, "If you don't know what to say, write a blog."

No comments:

Post a Comment