Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I'm Two Tired... or Four

The one thing that I like least about vehicles is buying tires.  Why do they have to be so stinking expensive... and you can't buy just one?  And don't get me started about all the add-on fees.

Well my inspection is due next month and I am sure that I must replace at least 2 of the tires.  The rear tires on my truck won't pass inspection.  The front tires have some life in them yet.  What should I do?  Do I buy 2 tires. If I only buy 2, do I match the brand/tire for the other 2?  Do I put them on the front and move the older ones to the rear or do I put the new ones on the rear?  Or do I buy an entire set of 4 new tires?

I sure wish I understood tire science.  Thankfully, my boss's husband's family owns a tire store/garage.  Looks like I need to start planning a trip out to Smiley's Tires in Aliquippa.

Anyone got an extra grand sitting around?

Don't tread on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment