Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bring on Summer

The weather today was almost perfect: 82 degrees and sunny... a little windy, but otherwise perfect.  I wish we lived somewhere that had more days like today.  I spent most of my afternoon just sitting on the bench and soaking in the sun while Tam and the kids cleaned her van.  Then the kids had a super soaker battle.  To finish the day out, we had ice cream for dinner.  It was an all around great day.

I know, I keep saying that I want to move south.  But I wonder... if I lived somewhere that had more days like this, would I enjoy them as much?  Would I be as thankful for them as I am now, after all the cold, wet, snow, ice, etc. of winter?  The one thing that I do know: given the choice between hot weather and cold weather, I'll pick the hot every time.

I can't wait until we string a few more days like today together.  Bring on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment