Monday, April 11, 2011

This

Country singer, Darius Rucker has a song called "This."  At least I think that's the name of the song.  It's about looking back at the "bad" things that happened to us and getting perspective.  The story goes something like this (because we all know that country music tells a story)... if that girl that I really liked didn't drop me like a rock... if that college didn't deny my application... if all that other crappy stuff didn't happen... well, then my life wouldn't be as incredibly awesome as it is.  Then I wouldn't have ALL "this."

I must say that I can relate.  In fact, I'm sure that we all can relate at some level.  I can't help but wonder if I'm smack dab in the middle of one of those times right now.  How do you pray when you think you're in the middle of one of those times?  Do you pray that things get better and work out like you want?  Or, do you pray that things don't work out because "this" is waiting on the other side?

I guess I'll just pray that I sense God's peace and joy and that He leads and provides as He sees fit.  He always does.

No comments:

Post a Comment