Thursday, April 7, 2011

Home Sweet asdf jkl;

My wife has been a Medical Transcriber for 13 years.  I don't even want to contemplate how many words she types per minute.  I'm not sure if she does Medical Transcription to make money or to keep me off her computer.  You see, I can't touch type and I must look at the keys, but only some of the time.  But all of my wife's keyboards look like this.

What you might not be able to see is that not only are the letters worn off, but there are grooves and ridges worn into the keys from pressing them so much (click the picture to see).  The crazy part is that she has gone through several other keyboards; some that she had just worn out.  They simply wouldn't type any more.  I'm pretty sure I saw one of them emitting smoke after she was done with one of her shifts.

So what's the point of this post, you ask.  I love my wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment