Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Passion Week

This week, the week before Easter, is known as Passion Week.  It refers to the passion of Christ and everything that he went through leading up to his crucifixion and the passion that he has for you and me -- that we would put our faith in him and come to him for the salvation of our souls.  It blows me away to think about the depth of the love that the God of the universe has for me.  I'm not even sure that I completely grasp it.

I'm taking this opportunity to think about what I'm passionate about.  What would I do just about anything for?  What would I die for?  As any good parent would answer... my kids; I would certainly die for them.  My wife... without a doubt.  But what else?  I'd love to be able to honestly answer that I am passionate about Jesus.  I fear that my devotional life, my prayer life and the way I treat (some) others contradict such a claim.  I think that is the one area of my life that I want to change the most this year.

How about you?  What are you passionate about?

No comments:

Post a Comment