Saturday, April 30, 2011

It's a Bit Drafty

One of my favorite things to do is watch the NFL draft.  I can't really explain why.  I started watching it about 15 years ago and have tired to watch as much of it as possible every year since then.  Part of it is that it often happens on the same weekend that I celebrate my birthday so it makes for a good excuse to just veg out that weekend.

In recent years they changed the format.  It used to be an all day Saturday and all day Sunday event.  Now it starts with Round 1 on Thursday, Rounds 2 and 3 on Friday and then finishes up with Rounds 4 - 7 on Saturday.  I hate the new format... 1. because it takes away my lazy weekend and 2. because I don't like the day wait between Round 1 and Rounds 2 and 3.  It kills the excitement when you have to wait a day to keep it going.

This year I made a major mistake.  I scheduled myself to work in a DSG store on the 3 days during the draft.  The most exciting round is certainly Round 1 on Thursday.  This year I started working at 4:00 AM on Thursday.  So when it came time for the Steelers to draft their 1st Round pick, I couldn't keep my eyes open... I MISSED IT!  However, the one good part of working in a DSG store is that while I was there, they had the draft on the TVs at the store.  So, even though I was working, I was able to catch a lot of the draft.

Next year, maybe I'll take the Thursday and Friday off and veg out Thursday through Saturday... if I'm not moving or farming :)

No comments:

Post a Comment