Thursday, April 21, 2011

In the Hunt

Jacob, my 13 year old, wants to learn to hunt.  I'm scared.  I used to hunt when I was younger.  I quit when I got to a point where I just felt that it was too unsafe to do.  Now, I've got to take it up again.

I guess first things first.  I need to teach Jacob gun safety and then get him shooting.  This should be fun.  Hopefully, I'll be able to hook up with my brothers and use their shotguns until I get one of my own.

That should be interesting.  As long as we've been married, my wife has never wanted to have guns in the house. But she finally shot her first pistol (a .22) last year.  Maybe the gun safety lessons should be a whole family lesson.

I'll feel so much better about this if we buy a 20 acre farm like we are planning to next spring.  Maybe we'll just hunt that this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment