Saturday, April 2, 2011

Messed Up

I'm messed up. But, guess what. You're messed up too.  We're ALL messed up. Tonight was a stark reminder of that fact.

We've had a GREAT weekend at Destination Unknown. The worship has been incredible. The teaching has been spot on and challenging. The food... well, let me assure you that I'm a bit behind in losing those 10 pounds. The kids have had a blast. And no injuries to report. We serve an awesome God.

Then tonight I had a talk with a great kid. I'm trying to be careful, here, to only share appropriately, so forgive me if this seems sketchy. He's having some trouble getting along with one of the other kids here and he asked to talk with me. I guess he doesn't realize that I have the relationship skills of a slug in a salt shaker. I couldn't help hearing Moses say 'Lord, you should probably send my brother, Aaron.'

I'm messed up. But we've already established that. I struggle to maintain friendships. It isn't much of a stretch to say that I have no REALLY good friends.

So I found myself giving advice to myself while this kid listened (and hopefully learned something). Because I was counseling this student to do something that I'm not real good at doing.

I gave me, I mean him, this advice:

Romans 12:18 NIV84

If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.

Lord, help us both to follow it.

No comments:

Post a Comment